Welcome to Retreat Lodges
Retreat Lodges evolved with a collaboration of construction industry experts, after we identified a lack of premium, quality, timber framed lodges within the marketplace. Conceived as meeting the aspirations of a house yet complying with the Caravan Act, it has created new business opportunities both in the resale & rental markets.
The philosophy of Retreat Lodges is to combine high quality bespoke design, with robust and sustainable construction. The success of this product has meant not only strong sales within the UK but also exporting to Europe.
With over 50 years experience it will come as no surprise that Retreat Lodges are built to the most exacting standards achievable. Our lodges are manufactured by craftsmen with the utmost care and attention to detail, with particular emphasis on the structure and levels of insulation. Building to the highest standard, each lodge complies with BS3632 Residential Park Homes and National Caravan Council Specifications. This sets out stringent requirements regarding sound and thermal insulation, safety, construction and durability.
The Standard specification of a Retreat Lodge includes:
- LPG/Natural Gas Condensing Combi-boiler, which is Energy Efficient and SEDBUK ‘A’ rated.
- Individually controlled thermostatic radiators throughout.
- A choice of interior finishes from wallpaper, pine and painted grooved paneling. All finishes can be refurbished or re-painted as no plastic is used in the construction or finish of our lodges except the full-size PVC-u Residential Standard Doors and Windows.
- Choice of exterior cladding including Canexel, stained Log Lap & Thermowood.
- Individually designed kitchens with a comprehensive integrated appliance pack.
- Luxurious master bathroom and ensuite with large bath and walk-in shower enclosure.
- An extensive furnishing package including a choice of lounge and dining suite, beds, bedroom furniture, handmade curtains and floor coverings.
Planning permission can very often be open to regional/local interpretation by your planning department. At Retreat we always suggest that you seek planning advice on your project. An initial enquiry to your local planning department/officer should be one of the first activities you complete before proceeding with your detailed plans.