- Each Retreat is traditionally built, by craftsman and time served joiners, to BS3632 Residential Standard and National Caravan Council specifications.
- Our background is in construction and joinery and we have brought this mentality to manufacturing lodges.
- Internal walls ex 72 x 35mm
- No plastic is used in the construction or finish of our lodges except the UPVC residential grade windows.
- The window and door linings, sills, skirting, corner beads, architraves are all full size in timber & glossed by hand, so it can be re-painted in the future.
- All ceilings are vaulted throughout, as standard, at no extra cost with 2.3m eaves height.
- Everything within the Retreat is renewable.
- Retreats are designed to meet your requirements, built sympathetically to the plot and its surroundings, allowing you to create a truly original design and maximise the profitability of each plot.
- Each Retreat is built together as 1 complete unit, not on a production line in 2 separate halves.
- The stringent requirements we adhere to, regarding sound and thermal insulation, means you have a very energy efficient lodge.
- We offer many interior finishes including T&G pine matchboard, V-groove painted MDF boarding and wallpaper on 9mm plywood. All finishes can be refurbished or re-painted. No plasterboard or plastic caravan boarding is used.
- All doors feature traditional housed butt hinges on all the internal doors.
- All electrical switches and sockets are a satin steel finish as standard.
- Retreats are more substantially built than many other manufacturers. We use thicker treated timbers set at 400mm centres.
- Floor joists 147 x 35mm with rafters 197 x 35mm.
- External walls ex 122 x 35mm
- Bespoke kitchens for each Retreat with a 1½ bowl stainless steel sink and lever tap, integrated fridge freezer, electric oven S/S, 4 burner gas hob S/S, splash back S/S and chimney extractor hood S/S as standard.
- We have an extensive furnishing package with over 60 kitchens, 50 carpets and vinyl floor coverings and 300 curtain fabrics to choose from.
- Retreats use Firmopress Multilayer pipework. Read how this works here.
Once a Retreat has been built and is ready to leave the factory it needs to be split in two halves for transportation. This operation takes time and skilled operatives need to be accurate and thorough during this splitting process.
Following this split the two halves of the Retreat are readied for the loading process.
Retreats are transported from our Kirkbride factory to any number of locations throughout the length and breadth of the UK. This is another interesting and fascinating process that requires care and attention at all times. Examples from this journey can be seen here.